Enjoy a the Richness of Videos and Audio with This Cross Platform Media Player.
Real Player is a media player, created by RealNetworks, that plays a number of multimedia formats including MP3, MPEG-4, QuickTime, and Windows Media formats as well as multiple versions of proprietary RealAudio and RealVideo.
Real Player is the first product that integrates Real's revolutionary new Harmony technology. Real Player enables consumers to buy and download music that plays on more than 100 portable devices, including the Apple iPod. Real Player is the only digital-media player you need for finding and downloading new music, playing and managing audio and video clips, and taking your digital entertainment with you. RealPlayer offers a streamlined interface that allows you to keep your media library close at hand. Keep all your digital-media clips organized in one place; save CD tracks with one click; pause and rewind live streams; transfer music to CDs and portable devices effortlessly; and enjoy clear, smooth video playback and multichannel, surround-sound support. Check out the realplayer guide by clicking here.
Download Real Player
Real Player, beyond its function as a audio/video player, also contains additional features such as:
- RealPlayer contains a built-in Media Browser, which is based on Internet Explorer. It allows you to browse internet pages while listening to your music.
- The Playlist editor is similar to these in Windows Media Player and Winamp. It supports "drag and drop" and also can randomize the tracks you're currently listening.
- RealPlayer can view video files in Theater Mode (full screen mode) or in normal mode. The paid version contains also a Toolbar Mode which is provided to take less space to your desktop. With RealPlayer you have a choice of over 1000s of Skins.
- RealPlayer also has some Visualizations. Annabelle the Sheep, Cosmic Belt, Fire, Audio Analyzer and Nebula visualizations are included in the RealPlayer set-up. There are a lot of other visualizations which one can download from the RealNetworks site, including the 3D Visualization Plug-In Surreal.FX.
- Real Player contains Continuous Play (Loop multiple songs) and Shuffle Play (Play tracks randomly).
- Also a feature to Stay on top while playing is available.
- The Favorites menu allows you to access easily your favourite media by adding it into the menu.
- The Equalizer and the Video controls are included both in the free and the premium version. Crossfade and Gapless playback are only included in RealPlayer Plus.
- RealPlayer contains media library which allows you to organise your media, ie. tag your tracks, or rate them.
- The premium version contains an Audio Converter which allows you to convert from/to RealMedia, MP3, AAC, Windows Media, WAV and etc.
- Recording audio from vinyls and your sound card also features at RealPlayer Plus.
- LivePause allows you to pause a streaming video clips, without having to stop the buffering.
- Version 10.5 included Harmony technology, making the Music Store compatible with iPod portable media players and Windows Media DRM-compatible players.
- Both the basic and the plus version can burn CDs. The current burning technology is powered by NPI, formerly it was powered by Adaptec (Roxio). With the free version you can burn audio and data CDs, the premium CD burning allows you also to make an MP3 CD.
- The CD ripping is fully-functional in both free and paid versions. By default it's set to rip CD-Tracks into .m4a (AAC). These are the formats which are available to rip tracks:
- Real Audio 10 (32 kbps - 320 kbps)
- MP3 (32 kbps - 320 kbps)
- AAC (in MP4) (32 kbps - 320 kbps)
- Real Audio Lossless
- WAV (1411Kbps)
- Windows Media Audio (Requires Windows Media Player 10 installed) (64 kbps - 192 kbps)
- The RealPlayer Music Store allows you to locate and purchase songs. Each song costs from $0.49 to $0.99.